|Title:||Community Engagement Manager - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Community Engagement ManagerSchedule: Full Time, M-F with some occasional weekend and evening work required.
Pay: $37,000/year, FLSA Exempt.
Benefits: medical, dental, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick days; retirement plan with employer match.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.The Community Engagement Manager supervises a team of Community Engagement Specialists at the Youth
Resource Center under the direction of the Community Engagement Director. The Youth Resource Center is host to many large volunteer groups, fundraisers, events, and serves as one of our donation sites. You will serve in a collaborative effort to execute the day-to-day volunteer operations, ensuring a positive volunteer experience and community/agency relationships. Maintaining and developing positive relationships with volunteers and coworkers.
- Manage, assign, organize, and monitor workflow; assist the team while performing tasks; and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Set daily goals, delegate tasks and deadlines to Volunteer Engagement Specialists.
- Make independent decisions in matters pertaining to the YRC volunteer program.
- Respond to volunteers’ inquiries for the agency by the end of the next scheduled shift
- Schedule and/or conducts volunteer “meet and greets” as well as tours as required and on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Conduct volunteer orientation and ensure all proper paperwork is complete and backgrounds checks have been completed.
- Leads and conduct community engagement activities with the religious community and Coalition of Religious Communities and the Interfaith Council; make presentations and attends meetings, services, events, etc.
- Recruit, schedule, and act as point of contact for volunteers to lead spiritual and religious studies programs and services, donation pickups, meal preparation, and other daily center activities
- Manage Volunteer Engagement Specialists for licensing requirements and inspections in in-kind donation area and kitchen; ensure compliance by staff and volunteers.
- Schedule volunteers for donation pickups, class facilitation, meal preparation, and other daily center activities as assigned.
- Ensure that deadlines are met in ordering supplies and food and ensure the in-kind donor areas are organized and completed in a timely, consistent manner.
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, and training of new staff and volunteers.
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, parks and recreation, hospitality or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Works effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with client, volunteers, and co-workers
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others
- Considers alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions
- Collaborative team player who takes direction well
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.