Case Manager - Grace Mary Manor
|Title:||Case Manager - Grace Mary Manor|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Case ManagerSchedule: Full Time
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
Provide Case Management services to individuals living within the Grace Mary Manor Permanent housing project in conjunction with Housing Connect. This position will provide consistent, individualized, and thorough case management services to formerly homeless clients in a fixed site housing setting.
- Provide crisis intervention as outlined in the agency’s Training Institute module on de-escalation.
- Provide best practice case management to clients, to include crisis intervention, ongoing assessments, goal setting, problem solving, advocating, agency and community resource utilization, and network building.
- Attend weekly staff/staffing meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- In conjunction with the client, develop case plan, referral, and discharge plans as appropriate, in order to establish documented continuity of care and as a bridge to additional services.
- Utilize agency approved therapeutic techniques as outlined in the training module on Motivational Interviewing.
- Keep records, case management notes, and statistical data as required and participate in research and/or special projects as needed.
- Conduct regular home visits for clients.
- Maintain client file in accordance with Volunteers of America, Utah standards, as well as guidelines set forth by Housing Connect.
- Research and have a working knowledge of a Housing First approach, as well as a client driven approach to supportive services.
- Proactively coordinate with property management, voucher staff and other HACSL staff to ensure effective communication and to reduce problems.
- Maintain and develop good working relationships with Housing Connect staff, community partners, and all other services providers.
- Ability to establish appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Bachelor's degree with either SSW or LSAC preferred.
- One year case management experience or equivalent combination of work, experience, and training.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Ability to develop and maintain client files.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work within a shared office space.
- Ability to learn and utilize software programs in use by VOA.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to drive company vehicle; possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. Must sit for extended periods of time.
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.