|Title:||Mental Health Therapist - ACT Team - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Assertive Community Treatment TherapistPay: $47,000 - $50,000 depending on experience and licensure status - benefits eligible
Schedule: Full Time
Salt Lake City, Utah
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the therapist functions as a clinical member of the multidisciplinary team, providing substance use and mental health services to clients with severe and persistent mental illness in an outpatient community setting. Opportunity to work in a non-traditional therapist role on a multi-disciplinary Assertive Community Treatment team. Provide care to severely and persistently mentally ill clients in an outpatient community setting. Work closely with strong, caring, fun team members.
- Provide ongoing assessment of clients’ mental illness symptoms and clients’ response to treatment
- Provide direct clinical services including individual supportive therapy and psychotherapy to clients on an individual, group, and/or family basis in community settings.
- Complete treatment plans and treatment plan reviews in a timely and professional manner.
- Coordinate client care and treatment with multidisciplinary team and outside service providers.
- Develop and maintain effective therapeutic alliance with clients, including conceptualizing and fostering effective therapeutic process.
- Provide practical supports, advocacy, coordination, problem solving, direct assistance training, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living.
- Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings.
- Complete documentation and meet minimum service time based on ACT requirements
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline and Utah licensure as a mental health therapist
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or substance use disorder preferred
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.