|Title:||Case Manager - Counseling Center - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Case Manager - Cornerstone Counseling Center
Schedule: Full Time
Pay Rate: $18 - $22 / hour
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $21,500+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (VOA Utah matches 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% of your salary).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees.
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Case Manager provides individualized supportive case management to agency clients with the goals of 1) assisting clients to achieve or maintain stability and independence and 2) providing assistance accessing resources to help clients meet their physical and mental health needs.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Maintain client confidentiality as outlined in the training module on confidentiality.
- Maintain positive, professional interactions with community resources.
- Provide service coordination for clients seeking benefits from the Department of Workforce Services, Medicaid, Social Security, HEAT, and other community resources.
- Assist clients in applying for housing assistance as needed.
- Initiate client contact and respond to phone messages within 24 hours.
- Track Medicaid applications and report to supervisor the details of approvals/denials.
- Complete documentation on the day of service.
- Initiate daily tasks by being proactive, working as a team member and collaborating with other community agencies.
- Participate in staff meetings on the ATS, DV/MH and YAT Programs on a regular basis.
- Communicate client needs/progress with the client’s primary therapist.
- Punctual and attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science is required and work experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge/experience working with at-risk populations is preferred.
- Knowledge/experience collaborating with community resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and engage them in case management.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with partner agencies and Optum healthcare.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor amidst potentially high distress population.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Is certified, or meets the criteria to become certified as a Case Manager through the Department of Human Services. If not already certified, must be able to complete the application requirements within the first two weeks of start date.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.