|Title:||Child Welfare Case Manager - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Child Welfare Case Manager - State Systems NavigatorSchedule: Full time, benefits-eligible! Monday through Friday 8am-5pm but will require flexibility based on client and program needs.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
You will be based out of the Youth Resource Center; a refuge for youth ages 15-22 experiencing homelessness, mental health conditions, and extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and who benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults.
This position has the sole purpose of supporting youth who are experiencing homelessness and have been involved in or aged out of State Child Welfare cases, including Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) and Juvenile Justice Services (JJS). The position will be responsible for creating case plans that are youth driven, and allow informed access to benefits of involvement with these systems of care.
- Understand how DCFS and JJS systems work to service youth in care, and transitioning out of care.
- Able to quickly build rapport with youth being served.
- Create case plans that support youth’s desired outcomes and ties in the youth’s needs while informing and guiding through services that the youth are eligible for based on their involvement within systems of care.
- Attend community meetings and advocate for youth driven ideas.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to each case is properly completed, managed confidentiality and stored in the appropriate location.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
A degree in the field of social services and experience in the social services or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- One year of adolescent experience preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of Trauma Informed Care, Youth Development Model and Motivational Interviewing.
- Demonstrates an ability to act and use sound judgment within the scope of the position responsibilities.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, co-workers and community.
- Organizes, prioritizes and accomplishes multiple tasks.
- Pass Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.