|Title:||Therapist and Clinical Positions - FT and PT - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Therapist - Licensed or Working Toward LicensurePay: $50,000 - $57,500/yr depending on licensure for full-time therapists (benefits-eligible) OR $27 - $30/hr for PT therapists. Supervision available.
Schedule: Multiple available
Full-time benefits include:
- Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
- Low cost dental and vision coverage
- $50,000 life insurance coverage
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. We operate multiple facilities and programs where you can put your skill and expertise to work providing top-tier services to our clients in traditional and non-traditional settings.
Cornerstone Counseling Center ("Cornerstone") was established in 1968 as one of the earliest community mental health clinics in Utah. Since then, Cornerstone has been committed to providing high quality behavioral health services to vulnerable individuals and families in our community who might not be able to afford this type of care. Cornerstone specializes in treatment services for addiction, mental health, trauma, and intimate partner violence. We offer individual, group and family counseling to children, adolescents and adults. Clinical staff are licensed mental health therapists focused on trauma-informed care and evidence-based treatment. Our clinic helps clients by reducing barriers to needed care and facilitating connections to community resources for vulnerable individuals. In addition to outpatient behavioral health services, we offer on-site childcare for clients seeking services. Cornerstone is also home to our Assertive Community Treatment Teams and Intensive Case Management Teams, which provide wrap-around services and care to a variety of clients.
We also have clinical opportunities at our Youth Resource Center: a refuge for youth that have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults. Our Youth Empowered Solutions to Succeed program at the Youth Resource Center provides direct and indirect outpatient therapy services to youth ages 16-25 experiencing homelessness and serious mental health conditions.
In April 2018, Volunteers of America, Utah acquired Family Counseling Center as one of their programs to continue their mission of providing health for vulnerable individuals who struggle with addiction and mental illness.Family Counseling Center has a rich history of serving the Salt Lake Valley for over 100 years. We operate as an outpatient clinic helping families of all backgrounds facing behavioral health, LGBTQ+ counseling and addiction issues. Family Counseling Center offers a wide variety of counseling services provided by compassionate and experienced professionals to help individuals and families achieve a better quality of life. Family Counseling Center welcomes people of all backgrounds in need of mental health services. Honoring individual differences, core human values and the complexities of family life, Family Counseling Center aims to meet the unique needs of each individual and family as a whole.Responsibilities (will vary from position to position):
- Provide clinical services to clients in office, non-office, and remote/tele-health settings.
- Complete mental health assessments with clients and develop treatment goals collaboratively with clients.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case reviews in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Develop and/or maintain client case files, as directed.
- Document all provided services per Utah Medicaid Guidelines and program requirements.
- Providing short-term therapy and interventions to an underserved population.
- Consulting with medical professionals regarding patients' mental health concerns.
- Completing notes and maintaining clinical records according to agency policy and procedure.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others.
- Takes action and makes decisions within the scope of position responsibilities.
- Licensed clinician or on licensure track; supervision for licensure is provided those not fully licensed.
- Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.