Graveyard Shelter Coordinator - Paid
|Title:||Graveyard Shelter Coordinator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Graveyard Youth Shelter Coordinator.Rate of Pay: $18/hr
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. Our Youth Resource Center is a refuge for youth ages 15-22 who have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults.
Our Shelter Coordinators report to the Program Manager and are a critical component in making sure that the Youth Resource Center operates smoothly. In this role you will provide support to our staff that includes addressing DIC and shelter coordination situations/issue, identifying training needs to the Program Manager and implementing approved training programs, monitoring scheduling (staff and shelter), and supporting a healthy and respectful environment for both staff and clients. Shelter Coordinators spend most of their time on the floor ensuring that critical issues are addressed, role-modeling behaviors that Youth Advocates should practice, and providing timely and constructive coaching and appropriate feedback to staff. Given the amount of time spent on the floor, our Shelter Coordinators are in a position to act as communication liaisons between the Program Manager, staff, and clients. Consistency, a solutions-based perspective surrounding daily challenges/opportunities, and an eye for where positive improvements can be made are all vital in assisting the Program Manager with steering and developing the Youth Resource Center's programs.
- Utilize appropriate licensing, agency, and contract requirements to guide shelter operations.
- Ensure that shelter is in compliance with age and gender requirements and that all shelter staff is knowledgeable, trained, and adhering to these requirements.
- Assist the Program Manager in all aspects of shelter operation.
- Participate in hiring, performance evaluations, and disciplinary processes of assigned staff members.
- Meet with assigned staff members regularly to address concerns, feedback, and to encourage self-care.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Complete all documentation in accordance with licensing requirements including completing new client files and paperwork from the previous day.
- Oversee and/or participate in crisis intervention services, including medical, family, and psychiatric emergencies.
- Work with community partners to assist in accessing shelter during the night if necessary.
- Complete nightly maintenance including setting up of meeting rooms, stocking bathrooms, and other facility needs as needed.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in social service or non-profit setting..
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Experience working with youth (at-risk preferred),
- Positive outlook and ability to work independently and take direction.
- Compassionate yet able to enforce rules.
- Flexibility to respond to changes.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Work requires walking around and interacting with clients for extended periods of time.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record (no DUI within 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications