|Title:||Assistant Kitchen Coordinator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. This is a paid position at Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center: a social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery. If you have a passion for food service and would describe yourself as compassionate, non-judgmental, and with an ability to maintain healthy boundaries then apply below. This position will start mid-July.
Working with the Kitchen Coordinator:
- Maintain and clean work area and follow food safety procedures
- Wash dishes, pots, and pans. Stack dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- Remove trash.
- Set up and maintain food items.
- Check appropriate temperature of food.
- Oversee food storage and food handling practices to maintain the areas according to safe food handling regulations.
- Assist with training/supervising assigned clients in the food service area.
- Know how to safely operate and properly clean machines/appliances in kitchen.
- Accurately follow recipes.
- Serve food in a friendly and helpful manner.
- High School diploma/GED
- Food service experience preferred.
- Food Handlers Permit (may obtain after hired)
- The position has some physical demands such as:
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and twist.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods if necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Complete the application on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.