|Title:||Food Service Coordinator - Paid|
|Department:||Center for Women and Children|
Food Service Coordinator - Center for Women and Children
Pay: $18 per hour
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Contributes to the work of the Volunteers of America Utah Detoxification Services by preparing and serving nutritious meals to clients while complying with health and safety regulations and program guidelines.Essential Duties
- Prepare and serve meals according to the menu set by Food Service Manager at scheduled times each day.
- Transport prepared food between the Volunteers of America Detoxification Program and the Center for Women and Children.
- Sort, inventory, and put away all food orders, deliveries and donations (i.e. Bishops Store House order, Sysco, Food bank, Grocery Rescue etc.).
- Follow all food storage and food handling practices to maintain the kitchen and food service areas according to safe food handling regulations.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen, food storage locations, and all equipment to ensure all is in proper working order and to meet all Health Department standards.
- Train all kitchen volunteers in duties related to the kitchen and to meet all cleanliness standards when performing food related tasks; ex: appropriate clothing and footwear, hairnets, gloves or aprons.
- Coordinates any kitchen maintenance needs through simple upkeep procedures and/or contacting the Food Service Manager.
- Maintain accurate inventory of current food stores and prepared meals.
- Supervise assigned client volunteers in the food service area.
- Participate in various meetings and training as needed.
- Obtain and maintain CPR and First Aid Certification
- Clear understanding of and adherence to Federal Confidentiality and HIPAA laws.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Performs other functions as necessary or assigned.
At least one (1) year of experience in food service for large groups preferred, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, including but not limited to:
- Competency with MS365/Office products and other job-related software and technology.
- Working knowledge of software and hardware required for the workplace including but not limited to: MS365/Office products,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety procedures and requirements.
- Must possess ServSafe certification
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers and co-workers.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Regularly lift up to 50lbs
Submit your resume and cover letter on our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.