Community Engagement Coordinator - Paid
Women's Resource Center
Salt Lake City, Utah
Community Engagement Coordinator - Geraldine E. King Women's Resource CenterRate of Pay: $19 / hr
Schedule: Full time, benefits-eligible. Tuesday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm, Saturday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $21,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. In alignment with our mission, VOA Utah encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. We recognize that a person’s life experiences can provide firsthand knowledge relevant to being successful in the work that we do.
To effectively engage and coordinate volunteers and maintain community/agency relationships, while assisting with management of VOA in-kind donation program. Under the direction of Volunteer Engagement Manager, work in cooperation with program staff at assigned facility with other Volunteer Engagement and External Relations Staff.
- Develop positive relationships with center volunteers and respond to volunteer inquiries for the agency by the end of the next scheduled shift.
- Conduct center volunteers “meet and greets” as well as tours as required and on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Schedule volunteers for meal preparation, donation pickups, and other daily center activities.
- Schedule food/donation pickups within the community and act as point of contact for partnering agencies.
- Welcome and orient volunteers at the beginning of their volunteer shift to review client boundaries, expectations, confidentiality, and volunteer policies. Conduct volunteer orientations for program volunteers as needed.
- Assist the kitchen in the absence or in addition to the scheduled volunteer groups.
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager at the Youth Resource Center when placing volunteers in programs.
- Maintain volunteer Get Connected data for each volunteer and group, manage donation room inventory tracking and software.
- Maintain all necessary logs and reports for partnering agencies.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Reach out to the community to educate and procure donations/volunteers as directed by the Volunteer Engagement Manager.
- Uphold and follow community engagement policies as directed by the leadership team.
- Be available for weekend, evening, or holiday community events.
- Work the Founders’ Day Breakfast, Silver and Sandstone Gala, Candy Cane Corner, and other community events as assigned.
- Attend weekly Volunteer Engagement team meetings both on and off-site.
- Attend External Relations retreats or meetings as scheduled.
- Communicate donation wish list needs to the Volunteer Engagement Director.
- Assist with Social Media post as assigned.
- Contribute to a positive work environment focused on collaboration and teamwork.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation with an emphasis on meeting or exceeding volunteer expectations.
- Volunteer coordinator experience preferred.
- Obtain and keep current Utah Food Handlers Permit
- Work effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Exhibit clear communication skills and cooperate with others.
- Consider alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Ability to lift donations up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no DUI within 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years)
- Comfortable interacting in a professional manner with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside agencies.
- Enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Standard schedule is five 8-hour days, Tuesday through Saturday to include one weekend shift.
- Vacation coverage for team members required as scheduled.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to move around the facility and be on your feet for an extended amount of time.
- Work is generally performed in the kitchen, with some computer and desk time
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile from Indeed by clicking the button below: