|Title:||Child Care and Office Assistant Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Child Care Worker - Cornerstone Counseling Center
Schedule: Part Time, 25 hours per week. Monday-Friday.
Pay Rate: $16/hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Lack of child care is one of the most frequently cited reasons why parents forego or delay appointments, and our Child Care Worker helps to alleviate this barrier to treatment. Volunteers of America/Cornerstone Counseling Center is a non-profit agency that offers counseling in the areas of substance abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and more.
- Engage and interact with children in a nurturing and supportive manner.
- Assist with administrative tasks if childcare is not needed during your shift.
- Promote learning and physical, social, and emotional development.
- Implement activities that promote child development and maintain a safe and orderly playroom environment.
- Inform supervisor of any necessary information regarding the care/safety of children.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients.
- Other tasks as assigned
- 6 months of paid, supervised child care experience or its equivalent with demonstrated competence in a child care position.
- Experience working with traumatized children or working in a therapeutic setting helpful.
- Must be able to lift and hold small children (30 lbs).
- Must pass a state criminal background check and drug screen.
Apply on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.