|Title:||Peer Support Specialist / Case Manager - Paid|
|Department:||Adult Treatment Services|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Peer Support Specialist / Case Manager - Cornerstone Counseling Center
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible position.
Pay: $19.50 / hr
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $21,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly)
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Certified Peer Support Specialist/Case Manager provides individualized and group-based supportive to agency clients with the goals of 1) assisting clients to achieve or maintain stability and independence; 2) providing assistance accessing resources to help clients meet their housing and other needs; and 3) providing expertise about the recovery process and symptom management.
- Maintain an active caseload
- Availability for open-access shifts as needed
- Provide peer counseling and consultation to individual clients, families, and team staff, both in an individual setting, as well as a group setting
- Responsible for assessing service needs and coordinating access to necessary services
- Apply, acquire, and maintain benefits long term for clients
- Provide practical help and supports, advocacy, coordination, side-by-side individualized support, problem solving, direct assistance training, and supervision to help clients obtain the necessities of daily living
- Provide on-call crisis intervention
- Participate in weekly organizational meetings
- Complete documentation within 24 hours and bill 24-26 hours per week
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
Certification in Utah as a Peer Support Specialist is required and work experience with adults with severe and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge/experience working with at-risk populations is preferred.
- Knowledge/experience collaborating with community resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and engage them in case management.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with partner agencies.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor amidst potentially high distress population.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.