|Title:||Housing Case Manager - Women's Homeless Resource Ctr - Paid|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
The Women’s Homeless Resource Center will provide emergency shelter and case management services to single women experiencing homelessness in Salt Lake County. The center will recognize and meet the distinctive needs of those at risk and homeless populations including: single women; domestic violence victims; individuals with behavioral health disorders; individuals who are medically frail/terminally ill [and/or] those exiting prison or jail. All activities will be undertaken with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining housing.
Housing Case Managers will provide consistent, individualized, and thorough housing case management services to clients, with the end goal of clients transitioning from the Resource Center to safe and stable housing quickly and efficiently.
- Assist clients in developing goals/service plan that will help them overcome homelessness, identify and address barriers to housing.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case review to ensure appropriate case/service planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Provide direct, Trauma Informed Care case management services to clients, including crisis intervention, outreach, ongoing assessments (i.e. VI-SPDAT, SPDAT, Lethality Assessment etc.), goal setting, creative problem solving, agency and community resource utilization, and network building.
- Identify priority needs, (i.e. pregnant, IV/IM drug user, dual diagnosis, and other medical conditions) and coordinate services as needed.
- Attend weekly staff/clinical staffing meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices. Also provides immediate and professional response to any security /safety emergency or disturbance within or immediately outside facility following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Keep records, case management notes, and statistical data as required and participate in research and/or special projects as needed.
- Evaluate own performance to increase effectiveness as a Housing Case Manager.
- Use agency vehicles to provide transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A degree in the field of social services and two years’ experience working in the social services field or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to qualify and pass Utah Department of Human Services Case Management Certification within 60 days of being hired.
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing and Housing First philosophies and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Ability to utilize Trauma Informed practices to act and make sound decisions within the scope of position responsibilities as well as reach out for supervision for major situations.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Ability to move around the facility and interact with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Benefit package includes paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer match.
$17 per hour
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled