Kitchen Coordinator - Homeless Youth Center - Paid
|Title:||Kitchen Coordinator - Homeless Youth Center - Paid|
|Department:||Youth Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Kitchen Coordinator - Homeless Youth Resource CenterSchedule: Full Time, benefits-eligible! Friday-Monday. 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. or Thursday-Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Pay rate: $16 per hour
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.Our Youth Resource Center is a refuge for youth ages 15-22 who have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults. Clients at the Youth Resource Center have access to case management, critical resources, every-day necessities, support, and 3 meals a day.
Our Food Service Coordinator will oversee the operation of the kitchen facilities at the Youth Resource Center. Assist with meal service and preparation, ensure proper food handling practices, and maintain safe and sanitary conditions of the facilities and equipment.
- Consistently ensure meals are served at scheduled times each day.
- Responsible for setting up, maintaining and breaking down meal service on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Engagement Specialist to provide the clear direction of food services and overall operation of the kitchen with the kitchen volunteers and teach safe food handling practices.
- Co-train all kitchen volunteers in duties related to the kitchen and to meet all cleanliness standards when performing food related tasks, teach safe food handling practices; ex: appropriate clothing and footwear, hairnets, gloves or aprons.
- Maintain/organize kitchen, food storage locations, and all equipment to ensure all is in proper working order and to meet all Health Department standards.
- Coordinate kitchen maintenance needs through simple upkeep procedures and/or contacting the Facility Coordinator and Volunteer Engagement Manager for maintenance needs.
- Oversee food storage and food handling practices to maintain the kitchen and food service areas according to safe food handling regulations.
- Coordinate food orders, deliveries and donations (i.e. Bishops Store House order, Sysco, Food Bank, etc.) and ensure adequate supplies for the kitchen.
- Hold a Food Handler’s permit or obtain one upon hire.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Considers alternative and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers and co-workers.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Regularly lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.