|Title:||Grant Accountant - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
When you join Volunteers of America, Utah, you are joining a dedicated team of over 300 employees working to provide a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. The Grant Accountant works in our Administrative Office with a talented crew of highly driven individuals striving toward a common purpose.
The Grant Accountant reports to the Director of Accounting and is responsible for the fiscal management of grants and contracts in accordance with government regulations, donor requirements, and agency policy. This position works in close collaboration with accounting staff, program managers, external relations staff, and government agencies to accurately account for grant and contract costs and the fiscal management of the agency’s grants and contracts.
- Prepare and submit periodic invoices along with required documentation for program reimbursement. Maintain organized grant documentation records to support the invoicing.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to government agencies or donors as required.
- Perform general accounting activities, including bank and other reconciliations, assisting the Director of Accounting with journal entries during the month end close including expense and payroll related journal entries used in grant billing.
- Communicate monthly financial results with appropriate management and program staff, informing them of financial position of the grant or contract.
- Participate in the preparation of annual and grant budgets and grant reporting.
- Perform grant-related post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions as required.
- Supply copies of audits and regulatory documentation to the appropriate requestor.
- Prepare required financial information necessary for the annual single and financial audits.
- Assist with month-end closing, accounts payable and accounts receivable, annual financial audits.
- Support Director of Accounting with accounting and finance activities and projects, including agency external audit, and financial reporting.
- Coordinate fiscal elements of grants and contracts with Contracts Manager and Data Manager to ensure compliance and timeliness of required reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business required and at least 2 years of accounting experience.
- Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) and Smart Connect experience a major plus.
- Previous grant and non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of federal grants and regulations preferred.
- Ability to both think and work independently and as part of a team is required.
- Strong analytical, technical, interpersonal organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
- Capable of managing numerous simultaneous projects.
- Accurate, organized, positive, with a sense of humor.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.