|Title:||Community Engagement Specialist - Paid|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Community Engagement Specialist - Women's Resource CenterSchedule: Part time, Tuesday-Friday, 10:00am-3:30pm
This position provides volunteer coordination and community engagement at the Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center. The Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center provides resources, shelter, and connection to services for women in and around Salt Lake City. Beyond providing safe emergency shelter, this facility provides essential basic needs such as meals, clothing, hygiene items, a place for female clients to wash clothes and shower, as well as a welcoming environment for service animals.
Community Engagement Specialists coordinate volunteers and maintain community/agency relationships while assisting with the management of Volunteers of America, Utah's in-kind donation program. You will have the opportunity to work in a high-volume donation and volunteer management program while assisting with events and distribution between various VOA Utah programs.
- Develop positive relationships with center volunteers and respond to volunteer inquiries for the agency by the end of the next scheduled shift.
- Conduct center volunteers “meet and greets” as well as tours as required and on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Schedule volunteers for meal preparation, donation pickups, and other daily center activities.
- Schedule food/donation pickups within the community and act as point of contact for partnering agencies.
- Welcome and orient volunteers at the beginning of their volunteer shift to review client boundaries, expectations, confidentiality, and volunteer policies. Conduct volunteer orientations for program volunteers as needed.
- Maintain the kitchen in the absence or in addition to the scheduled volunteer groups.
- Work collaboratively with Program Manager at the Youth Resource Center when placing volunteers in programs.
- Maintain volunteer Volgistics data for each volunteer and group.
- Maintain all necessary logs and reports for partnering agencies.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation with an emphasis on meeting or exceeding volunteer expectations.
- Volunteer coordinator experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Obtain and keep current Utah Food Handlers Permit.
- Work effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Exhibit clear communication skills and cooperate with others.
- Consider alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Ability to lift donations up to 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no DUI within 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years)
- Comfortable interacting in a professional manner with team members, a diverse workforce, donors, and outside agencies.
- Enthusiastic, organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Pass Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.