|Title:||Kitchen Coordinator - Paid|
|Department:||Men's Adult Detoxification|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Kitchen Coordinator - Adult Men's Detox
Pay: $18 per hour
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction, and mental illness. Our Men's Adult Detoxification Center is a social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery.
Clients are able to stay at our facility for 14 days and will receive 3 meals a day, case management services, access to Medication Assisted Treatment, Seeking Safety groups, peer support meetings, and 12 Step meetings. Our Kitchen Coordinator contributes to the work of VOA Detox by providing nutritious client meals while complying with health and safety regulations, community and program contracts, and program guidelines. In addition to the qualifications listed below the person in this position must be compassionate, kind, willing to teach and be teachable, while holding healthy professional boundaries with clients and staff.
- Prepare and serve meals according to posted menus at scheduled times each day according to menu plans developed in consultation with licensed dietitian.
- Maintains/organizes kitchen, food storage locations, and all equipment to ensure all is in proper working order and to meet all Health Department standards.
- Order inventory and create an inventory system for food and kitchen supplies, ensuring sufficient stock levels while staying within budget.
- Conduct training and administers Food Service test to all kitchen volunteers to teach safe food handling practices and document participation in the client record.
- Trains all kitchen volunteers in duties related to the kitchen and to meet all cleanliness standards when performing food related tasks; ex: appropriate clothing and footwear, hairnets, gloves or aprons.
- Coordinates any kitchen maintenance needs through simple upkeep procedures and/or contacting the Facility Coordinator and/or Program Director for maintenance needs.
- Oversee food storage and food handling practices to maintain the kitchen and food service areas according to safe food handling regulations both in the kitchen and in the food barn.
- Coordinate, sort and pick up all food orders, deliveries and donations (i.e. Bishops Store House order, Sysco, Food bank, and Grocery Rescue etc.)
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED, Safe Serve Certification, and food handler's permit or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Must have three (2) years of experience in food service for large groups.
- Knowledge and understanding of all State licensing requirements for Food Service within a residential facility.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Understanding of the principles and methods of planning and preparing meals in large quantity
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Ability to use tools of their job, a computer, phone, and copy machine etc.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Regularly lift up to 50lbs
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit your resume and cover letter on our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.