Detox Recovery Assistant - Part Time - Paid
|Title:||Detox Recovery Assistant - Part Time - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. We are currently looking for part-time staff to work mid-shift (2pm-10:30pm) for two (2) days a week at our 24/7 Men's Adult Detoxification Center. You will get great experience and training to further a career in social work. Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center is a social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery. We are looking for people who understand and can maintain professional and ethical boundaries with clients while practicing compassion. You will:
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal from substance use.
- Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation.
- Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
- Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
- Complete record keeping and answer phones.
- Work with coworkers as a supportive team.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications.
- Take vital signs.
- Ability to be firm yet compassionate.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree (social services, psychology) and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
This position is part time, mid shift (2:00pm-10:30pm) for two days a week: $13.50 per hour, $14.00 per hour at 3 months with the completion of training.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications