|Title:||Recovery Assistant - Paid|
We are looking for a Recovery Assistant who is available for Wednesday and Thursday Swing shift (4:00pm-12:30am) and Saturday Day shift (8:00am-4:30pm).
$13.50 per hour, $14.00 per hour at 3 months with the completion of training plus a $2/hour pay differential for grave.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction, and mental illness. Our recovery assistants perform rewarding social service work at the Center for Women and Children (CWC) in Murray, a social model detoxification facility that provides a safe place to stay for women withdrawing from alcohol or drugs. During their stay women will have the opportunity to meet with a case manager to discuss their eligibility for substance abuse treatment, as well as get connected to other needed resources. Recovery Assistants interact with female clients and their children (up to age 10). Clients at the CWC receive 3 meals a day, access to an outdoor area, and are able to attend supportive programming activities, including recovery-focused support groups and working in our onsite garden.
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal from substance use.
- Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation.
- Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
- Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
- Complete record keeping and answer phones.
- Work together and support coworkers.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications.
- Take vital signs.
- Work with and support co-workers.
- Ability to be firm, yet compassionate.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree (social services, psychology, criminal justice) and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred
- Grounded in your own recovery if applicable
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.