|Title:||Mental Health Clinician|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Mental Health Clinician - METTSchedule: Full Time
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
Assist vulnerable individuals suffering from a mental health or addiction crisis by providing assessments and connecting individuals to mental health services. Play a valuable role in reducing the potential for violence during police interactions. Aid Department of Public Safety (DPS) officers in identifying and addressing the mental health and substance use disorder concerns and assist officers in handling calls for service.
Work as a member of the Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Evaluation Triage Team (METT). The METT is comprised of a licensed clinician, DPS sworn outreach officers and a supervisory sergeant. The clinician will be housed within DPS Headquarters located at 4501 S 2700 W and under the direction of the METT supervisory sergeant.
- Provide intervention, referral, or placement for a person with mental illness and addiction to facilitate the speedy return of field officers to other duties.
- Endeavor to prevent unnecessary incarceration and/or hospitalization of persons with mental illness or addiction by directing individuals, based on medical necessity, to care in the least restrictive environment through a coordinated and comprehensive system-wide approach.
- Provide a variety of clinical services for persons suffering from severe mental and emotional disorders and addiction; assist patients; their families; law enforcement and other social agencies in understanding and finding solutions to problems that lead to and result from mental illness and severe emotional disorders.
- Provide follow-up to support access to care and associated reductions in recidivism.
- Coordinate with service providers to address the needs of individuals.
- Report the required metrics to SL County.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline and Utah licensure as a mental health therapist (or eligibility for Utah licensure within 2 years of date of hire).
- Possess an active/current licensure status and remain in good standing with the Department of Professional Licensing.
- Open and willing to learn; teachable.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Work is performed in an office environment; must sit for extended periods of time.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.