|Title:||Food Services Assistant - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. This is a paid position at Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center: a social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery. If you have a passion for food and would describe yourself as compassionate, non-judgmental, and with an ability to maintain healthy boundaries then apply below.
Working with the Kitchen Coordinator:
- Maintain and clean work area and follow food safety procedures
- Wash dishes, pots, and pans. Stack dishes, glasses, and silverware.
- Remove trash.
- Set up and maintain food items.
- Check appropriate temperature of food.
- Oversee food storage and food handling practices to maintain the areas according to safe food handling regulations.
- Assist with training/supervising assigned clients in the food service area.
- Know how to safely operate and properly clean machines/appliances in kitchen.
- Accurately follow recipes.
- Serve food in a friendly and helpful manner.
- High School diploma/GED
- Food service experience preferred.
- Food Handlers Permit (may obtain after hired)
- The position has some physical demands such as:
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and twist.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods if necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Medical insurance: $6.09 per paycheck for individual coverage
Dental insurance: $1.71 per paycheck for individual coverage
Vision insurance $2.96 per paycheck for individual coverage
Health savings account: VOA contributes $300 per quarter to the employee's account; employee contributes $25.96 per pay check
Life insurance: $50,000 for employee; $2,000 for each dependent
Paid holidays: 11 days per year
Vacation: 80 hours accrues the first year and increases
Sick time: 96 hours accrues each year
403b Retirement plan: Employer match after 1 year
Complete the application on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veteran / Disabled