|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Medical Assistant / Care Navigator - Treatment Services
Schedule: Part time or Full time - Full Time posiitons are Benefits eligible!
Pay: $19 / hr
Full Time Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $21,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly)
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Under the supervision of agency prescribers and VP of Clinical Services, the Medical Assistant/Care Navigator performs routine administrative and clinical support functions to assist the prescribers including: answering phones, scheduling appointments, assisting clients in tracking their medication, and occasionally giving clients injections. The Medical Assistant/Care Navigator also supports clients primary care and behavioral health needs by linking clients to internal specialists and external service providers to support their recovery.
- Act as a support person for the APRNs and Psychiatrist across multiple treatment teams.
- Manage the providers’ appointment schedules to capacity and eliminate no-shows.
- Track clients’ medications and assist in completing patient assistance applications.
- Facilitate medication refills when needed and appropriate through Order Connect.
- Deliver medications to clients’ homes, provide medication injections, and draw labs on a weekly basis.
- Obtain client weight, height, blood pressure at assessment, discharge, and at 6 months intervals (or more frequently under direction of prescribers).
- Engage and build rapport with clients, assist with referrals to services and resources including primary care, mental health treatment, addiction treatment, recovery support, employment specialists, housing specialists and other social supports.
- Coordinate care with existing internal and external providers at the point of admission, discharge and level of care changes. Make referrals to PCPs when needed.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively on the phone, in writing and via email, as well as the ability to exercise discretion on sensitive and confidential matters.
- Maintain records according to requirements, completing all documentation and billing in a timely manner, and in compliance with professional standards.
- Maintain professional boundaries and client confidentiality at all times.
- Attend work in office on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
- Successful completion of an Accredited Medical Assistant program and a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of multiple phone line system
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients
- Experience in an outpatient mental health setting preferred
- Work is generally performed in an office environment, must sit for extended periods of time
- Some light lifting, no more than 25 lbs. may be required
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.