Maintenance Technician - Paid
|Title:||Maintenance Technician - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Facilities Maintenance Technician - Multi SkillSchedule: Full Time, benefits-eligible
Pay rate: $19/hr
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. We are a non-profit agency that provides substance abuse services, behavioral health counseling, and homeless services.
Perform light building maintenance in several buildings and maintain grounds as needed, including snow removal. Successfully communicate with a variety of building supervisors, take direction from more than one supervisor, and supervise contractors as needed. Different hours may be required based on needs.
- Perform daily outside grounds cleaning, as needed.
- Help maintain facilities to be safe and secure.
- Work and operate basic maintenance and repair tools/equipment.
- Perform repairs on broken equipment inside and outside buildings, within scope of abilities.
- Patch and paint, minor plumbing and electrical.
- Contact and oversee vendors in performing maintenance, repairs and cleaning.
- Complete other work assigned by Maintenance Supervisor or Director of Facilities.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Ability to read and understand cleaning instructions and information
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs. periodically, climb stairs, walk
- Must have the experience to recognize repairs that require a trades specialist or outside contractor
- Must be able to take instruction and work well by yourself
- Must be able to use cleaning chemicals safely
- Must be able to understand and operate all equipment safely
- Required to work on ladders and in confined areas safely
- Must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation and without creating threat or harm
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook (e-mail and calendars)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years, no DUI in the past 5 years)
- Has reliable transportation and is willing to drive between buildings (mileage paid)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with cash bonuses and paid time off
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.