|Title:||Social Services Advocate - Women's Homeless Resource Ctr - Paid|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Practice compassion while being compensated! Work with clients who are homeless including: single women, domestic violence victims; individuals with behavioral health and/or substance use disorders, those who are medically frail, and/or those exiting prison or jail. Provide front line support to residents staying in an emergency shelter setting, including providing access to basic needs supplies, completing intakes, and connecting residents to needed resources. Work as a part of a cohesive team toward the shared goal of helping every resident obtain housing.
Male or female applicants accepted. Opportunities for advancement.
Housing Advocates work as a team toward the shared goal of helping every resident obtain housing. Duties include:
- Demonstrate quality customer service to our clients accessing shelter while delivering services with safety and respect.
- Provide clear and specific information to clients regarding expectations, program activities and schedule.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices. Respond immediately and professionally to any security/safety emergency or disturbance within or immediately outside facility following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe facility, identifying and addressing special needs and/or referring needs to supervisor.
- Answer phones, greet clients, volunteers, donors, and other visitors in a friendly and professional manner and provide assistance as needed.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to client and program activities is in accordance with licensing and contract requirements, properly completed, managed confidentially, and stored appropriately.
- Use agency vehicles to complete errands and to provide safe transportation for clients when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. High school diploma or equivalent required and 2 years of social services or homelessness-related experience or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care and Housing First philosophies helpful and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism and empathy.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- Ability to move around the facility, interacting with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
$14.00 per hour, $2.00 per hour shift differential
Various Positions Available
Part-time Swings 4:00pm-12:30am
Full-time Swings 4:00pm-12:30am
24/7 facility - 700 So. 131 East, SLC
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled