|Title:||Staff Coordinator - Women's Homeless Resource Ctr - Paid|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Staff CoordinatorSchedule: Full Time; 4 10-hour shifts, Wednesday-Saturday, 7:00am - 5:00pm
Pay: $17.50 - $18/hr
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
To recognize and meet the distinctive needs of women who are experiencing homelessness by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, connection to community services and resources with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining safe and stable housing.
The Staff Coordinator will assist the Staff Manager in ensuring staffing levels for 24-hour coverage of the Geraldine E. King Women’s Resource Center. Provide initial on-boarding and on-going training and supervisory support to Housing Advocates. They will also assist with management of resource center activities and coverage of absent staff; provide a safe and nurturing environment for clients and staff in accordance with licensing, agency, and contract standards.
The Staff Coordinator will assist the Staff Manager in ensuring staffing levels for 24-hour coverage of the Geraldine E. King Women’s Resource Center. Provide initial on-boarding and on-going training and supervisory support to Housing Advocates.
- Participates in hiring, training, performance evaluations, and disciplinary processes of assigned staff members. Ensuring they are providing high quality Trauma Informed services.
- Meets with assigned staff members for regular individual meetings to address concerns, feedback, and to encourage career development and self-care.
- Ensure the training and implementation of evidenced based/best practices such as motivational interviewing, stages of change, trauma informed practices and procedures.
- Provide direct supervision, guidance and support to Housing Advocates.
- Assist Staff Manager in running and participating in daily shift change meetings and attend all other meetings within scope of responsibility.
- Assists in shelter intakes, assessing client eligibility in housing and needed supportive services.
- Assist in conducting Lethality Assessment as needed and connection to supportive services for clients who have experienced domestic or intimate partner violence.
- Assist in resolving conflicts utilizing de-escalation skills and trauma informed practices. Also provides immediate and professional response to any security /safety emergency or disturbance within or immediately outside facility following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Answers phones, greets clients, volunteers, donors, and other visitors in a friendly and professional manner and provides assistance as needed.
- Completes all documentation, incident reports and all other client and facility documentation in accordance with licensing and contract requirements as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required and 2 years of social services, homelessness-related experience, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care and Housing First philosophies and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate affectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism and empathy.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction
- Ability to move around the facility and interacting with clients for extended periods.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Benefit package includes paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer match.
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.