|Title:||Youth Program Manager - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Manage the Youth YESS (Youth Empowered Solutions to Succeed) program , funneled through the State of Utah and contracted with Volunteers of America, Utah for mental health and wrap-around services for youth 16-25 experiencing homelessness and serious mental disorders. This position will split time evenly between administrative duties and functioning as a clinician with a case load.
Oversee the training and implementation of evidenced based/ best practices such as, and not limited to: motivational interviewing, stages of change, trauma informed practices and procedures, etc.
- Maintain a small case management load, assisting clients with necessary supportive and clinical services.
- Develop and/or maintain client case files.
- Ensure mental health assessments are completed to billing standards.
- Regularly work with billing to ensure primary insurance of clients is billed for all eligible services.
- Participate in interagency case consultation as necessary, while adhering to agency’s confidentiality policy.
- Complete reports and correspondence with grantors on a timely and regular basis.
- Create regular opportunities for youth to participate in leadership and/or consultation of the program and youth homelessness systems.
- Hold weekly clinical supervision meeting with case managers to review client cases and provide appropriate clinical direction and guidance.
- Evaluate effective clinical interventions based on developmental stage appropriate assessments.
- Provide regularly scheduled supervision, performance evaluations, and disciplinary processes with direct reports.
A Master’s degree in a social work or related field, with full licensure.
- Licensed to provide clinical mental health interventions.
- Works effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others.
- Takes action and makes decisions within the scope of position responsibilities.
- Considers alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Proactively expands and integrates knowledge of community resources.
- Protects the safety of all information handled.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; retirement plan with company match.