|Title:||Youth Advocate (Female) - Paid|
|Department:||Young Women's Transition Home|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
- Use your skills to develop rapport with young women to create a safe, nurturing environment that will offer stabilization, encourage self sufficiency and independence,and provide support to move toward a healthier life style.
- Oversee activities of residents to ensure their: safety; well-being; participation in the program; and compliance with guidelines.
- Engage with clients in an age and gender appropriate fashion.
- Learn, utilize and endorse agency selected clinical techniques, including Motivational Interviewing, Youth Development Approach and Trauma Informed practices.
- Provide education, including, but not limited to community resources; hygiene; harm reduction; self sufficiency and independent living skills; substance abuse and addiction recovery.
- Manage difficult client behaviors by encouraging adherence to expectations.
- Assess medical emergencies, provide CPR and First Aid, and coordinate medical services as needed.
- Ensure safe environment for staff and clients.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Must have one (1) year of experience in social services, or any combination of education, experience, and training, which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities, including but not limited to:
- Previous experience with teens, strongly preferred.
- Enjoy working with teens.
- Ability to enforce rules.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Microsoft office skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
- Ability to pass a background screening and drug test.
Full-time Tuesday-Friday 4:00pm-12:30am
Part-time Saturday 8:00am-4:30pm and Monday 4;00pm-12:30am
$13.50 per hour - $14.00 per hour after 3 months and completing required training.
$2.00 per hour shift differential for graves
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veteran / Disabled