|Title:||Youth Case Manager Part-Time - Housing - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Provide case management in the Youth Rapid Rehousing Program which provides housing focused case management services, with the goal of clients quickly transitioning from homelessness to independent and stable living. Also work to develop accessible housing resources and community partnerships to facilitate this purpose.
- Assist in developing Rapid Rehousing Policies and Procedures with Program Director, to include:
- Vulnerability assessment protocols
- Coordination with youth service providers in the community.
- Data and reports tracking as required by funder.
- Other duties and protocols as assigned.
- Provide case management services to clients.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case review and prioritization meetings in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Assess client needs utilizing appropriate, community approved assessment tools.
- Identify priority needs and coordinate services as needed.
- Utilize agency approved therapeutic techniques as outlined in the training module Motivational Interviewing.
- In conjunction with the client, develop treatment, program/service, referral and/or discharge plans, as appropriate, in order to establish documented, continuity of care and as a bridge to additional services.
- Complete documentation as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A degree in the field of social services and three years of experience working in the social services field or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Works effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and co-workers
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others
- Takes action and makes decisions within the scope of position responsibilities
- Considers alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises
- Proactively expands and integrates knowledge of community resources
- Protects the safety of all information handled
Rate of pay: $17.00 per hour
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled