|Title:||Case Manager - Young Women - Paid|
|Department:||Young Women's Transition Home|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Case Manager - Young Women's Transition Home
Schedule: Full Time, benefits eligible
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Full-time benefits: low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth) with a Health Savings Account, low cost dental and vision coverage, $50,000 employer-provided life insurance coverage, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
Our Young Women's Transition Home Case Manager helps to create a safe and supportive living environment for young women ages 16-21 while providing a nurturing experience that encourages independence and self-sufficiency through case management services. This person will assist the program manager in youth transition programming, goal achievement, resource management and community collaboration while using Trauma Informed Care, Positive Youth Development and Motivational Interviewing.
- Engage with residents regularly and appropriately with each opportunity. Schedule weekly case management appointments with all residents.
- Assist residents in developing and achieving monthly goals.
- Facilitate educational, recreational, and volunteer groups.
- Co-facilitate bi-weekly house meetings.
- Participate in regular assigned rotation of on-call responsibilities, including emergency shift coverage.
- Assist Program Manager with hiring and scheduling support staff as needed.
- Meet with Program Manager regularly to provide updates and feedback as well as any other pertinent information regarding the residents and their progress in the program.
- Effectively communicate needed transition plan and case management information to all Transition Home staff.
- Become proficient in using and understanding Positive Youth Development, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma Informed Care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have two years of any combination of education, experience, and training and become Case Management Certified through the State of Utah, which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job:
- Ability to work with at risk youth in a supportive independent environment.
- Knowledge of Positive Youth Development, Trauma Informed Care and Motivational Interviewing.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner within a diverse workplace environment.
- Ability to work with residents and staff of varying ethnic backgrounds, race, religion, culture, socioeconomic status and other various identity factors in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Ability to interact with residents 1:1 by demonstrating genuine empathy, concern and an understanding and awareness of their difficulties to provide supportive, solution based case management.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to model appropriate behaviors such as: effective communication, healthy boundaries, emotional responses and healthy coping skills.
- Communicate effectively with both excellent verbal and written dialogue and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Maintain flexibility and support of program changes.
- Ability to use a computer, phone and copy machine.
- Possess current CPR and First-Aid certification or willing to become certified upon hiring. Certification needs to be updated throughout employment.
- Participate in required annual de-escalation training provided to all staff.
- Work is generally performed in an office and house environment. Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, walking up and down stairs while performing rounds inside and outside, and general office/house duties.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.