|Title:||Resource Center Clinical Manager|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Clinical Services Manager
Schedule: Full Time, FLSA Exempt. Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm. Benefits eligible! See below for more information.
Pay Range: $60,000 ($2,307 paid every two weeks)
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center (WRC) exists to meet the distinctive needs of women who are experiencing homelessness by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, and connection to community services and resources with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining safe and stable housing. The clinical manager supports the WRC mission through promotion of the Housing First model and providing daily program oversight including management of clinical and/or non-clinical staff; clinical oversight for case management, peer support specialists, and program services, as needed; and provide a safe and nurturing environment for clients in accordance with licensing, agency and contract standards. Participation in a rotating after-hours on-call schedule is required, to manage crises and respond to staff questions. This position may be called on to assist with shift coverage during staff shortages.
- Hold weekly Clinical Supervision meeting with housing case managers and peer support specialists to go over client cases and provide appropriate clinical direction and guidance.
- Oversee and/or participate in crisis intervention services, including medical, family and psychiatric emergencies.
- Oversee the training and implementation of evidenced based best practices such as motivational interviewing, stages of change, trauma informed practices and procedures, etc.
- Consistently monitor client flow between case managers and peer support specialists to assure client connection to ongoing supportive services, community connection, and housing focus.
- Collaborate with Management team to identify high shelter utilizers and clients with high/acute behavioral health needs to create strategies to assist clients through service engagement.
- Provide regularly scheduled supervision, performance evaluations, and disciplinary processes with direct reports.
- Responsible for the daily, morning team huddle providing clear expectations and instructions to efficiently lead the day’s operations.
- Review, on an ongoing basis, the clinical services offered at the Women’s Resource Center and develop new programs and/or services as need emerges and assist in the integration of behavioral health.
- Participate in audits, site visits, and provide oversight that all client files and related paperwork is maintained in accordance with licensing and contract requirements and submitted in a timely manner.
A Master’s degree with a Mental Health licensure. Other required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Direct experience with homeless clients.
- 3 years supervisory and administrative experience in a social service setting.
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use disorder treatment best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Motivational Interviewing techniques, Housing First philosophy, Stages of Change model, Trauma Informed Care principles and how to operationalize them within an emergency shelter for women.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Familiarity with Client Track/HMIS database preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Ability to move around the facility, interacting with clients for extended periods.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses