|Title:||Administrative & Human Resources Assistant - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Administrative & Human Resources Assistant
Schedule: Full-time, benefits-eligible positions. Typically Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm with some flexibility
Pay: $16 - $18/hr
Full-time benefits: low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth) with a Health Savings Account, low cost dental and vision coverage, $50,000 employer-provided life insurance coverage, paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and retirement plan with employer match
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. Work in an office where co-workers care about each other, the work we do, and the clients we serve. Perform a variety of office duties as assigned and/or requested. Volunteers of America, Utah is a non-profit agency that serves the most vulnerable individuals in the Salt Lake area.
- Provide administrative assistance to the President/CEO, Sr. Managers, Human Resources Director, and other staff.
- Process biweekly payroll, allocate benefit insurance costs, complete employment/income verifications,
- Support the wellness council including advertising activities, tracking employee participation, and ordering and distributing incentives related to goal completion.
- Arrange meetings, attend board and committee meetings, and take minutes.
- Complete tasks related to the Human Resources function: electronic and paper file maintenance, manage online training system, order business cards, and employee recognition items.
- Act as back up to the receptionist by greeting visitors and answering phones.
- Occasionally complete errands using your personal vehicle - mileage reimbursement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative position.
- Experience with payroll.
- Previous experience working with Paylocity is helpful.
- Cheerful with a good sense of humor.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and requests while paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.