Homeless Resource Center Services Supervisor
Women's Resource Center
Salt Lake City, Utah
Residential Support Services Supervisor
Schedule: Full Time, FLSA Exempt. Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm. Participation in a rotating after-hours on-call schedule is required, to manage crises and respond to staff questions. This position may be called on to assist with shift coverage during staff shortages.
Pay Range: $21 - $24.50 per hour DOE (Annualized: $43,680 - $50,960)
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center exists to meet the distinctive needs of women who are experiencing homelessness by providing shelter, case management, life skills training, and connection to community services and resources with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining safe and stable housing.The Resident Services Manager supports the WRC mission by training, supervising, and providing daily program oversight to the case management team; works with the clinical manager to provide clinical oversight for case management, and program services, as needed; and provides a safe and nurturing environment for clients and staff in accordance with licensing, agency and contract standards.
- Provide direct supervision and ongoing evaluation of a diverse team of Housing Case Managers.
- Create, update and maintain effective on-boarding training for all housing case managers.
- Hire and train staff as needed and provide consistent supervision for assigned direct reports.
- Assist Housing Case Managers with setting strengths-based, achievable goals targeting quick and stable housing solutions; providing thorough and individualized support based on each client’s unique needs and barriers; maintaining focus on Housing First approaches to sheltering and supporting individuals back into housing.
- Communicate with community partners and relevant internal and external teams to coordinate quick and efficient access to community resources for staff and clients alike.
- Review, on an ongoing basis, the services being offered at the Women’s Resource Center and develop new programs and/or services as need emerge.
- Assist Program Director in analyzing program data and adjust scope and direction of program as needed to improve efficiency and increase positive outcomes.
- Work with Program Director to ensure proper implementation of various program grants, monitor ongoing work to support grant requirements and report on outcomes regularly.
- Work with staff to develop new and innovative ways to engage with clients.
- Lead weekly clinical staffing with housing case managers.
- A Master’s degree and licensure in a social services field, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training, is preferred.
- Direct experience working with individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- 2 years supervisory and administrative experience in a social service setting preferred.
- Knowledge of mental health and substance use disorder treatment best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Housing First philosophy, Motivational Interviewing techniques, Stages of Change models, Trauma Informed Care principles and how to operationalize them within an emergency shelter for women.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Ability to interact with clients and staff by demonstrating genuine empathy, concern and understanding of their experience while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Experience with Client Track and HMIS database preferred.
- Ability to move around the facility, interacting with clients for extended periods.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: