Registered Nurse - Mental Health - Paid
|Title:||Registered Nurse - Mental Health - Paid|
|Department:||Assertive Community Treatment|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Registered Nurse - Assertive Community Treatment TeamSalary: DOE - Full Time, Benefits Eligible
Schedule: Typically Monday through Friday, days
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $23,000+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This position works within Volunteers of America, Utah's Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team. ACT uses a multidisciplinary team approach to provide intensive, integrated services where and when our clients need them—in their homes, at work and in other community settings. Volunteers of America, Utah's ACT Team members directly provide services that are individually tailored with each client and address their specific preferences and goals. The approach with each client emphasizes the relationship building and active involvement in assisting clients to make improvements in functioning, to better manage symptoms, to achieve individual goals and to maintain optimism.
Our Registered Nurse works in conjunction with the team psychiatrist and APRN to organize and manage the system of administering medication; deliver medication administration and medical services; and provide a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services.
- Collaborate with the team psychiatrist and APRN to manage the medication system, administer medications and medical services, perform required lab work, and complete needed documentation for the management of the medication system.
- Screen and monitor consumers for medical problems/side effects while also educating both consumers and other team members on side effects.
- Communicate and coordinate services with other medical professionals (e.g., pharmacy employees, medication representatives, other treatment providers)
- Collaborate with consumers to develop strategies to maximize the taking of medications as prescribed (e.g., behavioral tailoring, development of individual cues and reminders)
- Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings
- Complete documentation and meet minimum service time based on ACT requirements
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
- RN license with experience working in inpatient psychiatric settings.
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or substance use disorder preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications