|Billing Specialist - Healthcare - Paid
|Salt Lake City, Utah
Schedule: Part Time, approximately 20 hours per week with some schedule flexibility surrounding core business hours.
Pay: $18 - $20 / hr
- 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses.
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. In alignment with our mission, VOA Utah encourages individuals with lived experience to apply. We recognize that a person’s life experiences can provide firsthand knowledge relevant to being successful in the work that we do.
The Billing Specialist processes treatment services claims for insurance and Medicaid plans. Per billing regulations, the Billing Specialist applies payments and reconciles claims as needed.
- Complete electronic submission of insurance claims ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Post incoming payments and co-pays on a timely basis.
- Track common claims errors and help create solutions.
- Report billing issues and discrepancies to the Billing Manager.
- Assist front office staff with authorization process for various payers to ensure timely processing and payment for services.
- Monitor requirements and number of sessions for assigned contracts.
- Participate in department meetings and training to improve billing process.
- Attend work as scheduled and arrive at the designated time
- Work must be performed on-site.
- Enter payers into UWITS to ensure claims are being correctly processed and paid.
- Enter consent and referral into UWITS for Medicaid and other grant-funded clients.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. High school diploma or equivalent preferred and (2 years of social services or homelessness-related experience) or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with electronic health record (EHR) systems or billing systems preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT/ICD10 coding.
- Experience with medical/behavioral health billing programs highly preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks: flexibility to respond to changes.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS365 products.
- Ability to uphold professional boundaries, confidentiality regulations, agency policies and procedures, and interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Willingness to accept supervision and direction.
- If this position requires driving, must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver's license, have a good driving record, and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must be able to pass Utah - DHHS - Office of Licensing background screening and pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment. May entail using a computer for extended periods of time.
Submit your resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.