|Title:||Vice President of Development - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Vice President of Development
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm; some flexibility depending on needs. Occasional weekends and evenings required for meetings and events.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Vice President of Development is a member of the Senior Management team and works collaboratively with the Board of Directors, the President/CEO, Senior Managers, and External Relations Team to ensure successful fundraising, volunteer engagement and marketing & communications strategies to meet financial, volunteer and public awareness needs of the organization consistent with the values, vision and mission. The VP of Development fosters a culture of philanthropy and volunteerism within the organization ensuring a meaningful experience for donors and volunteers that exceeds their expectations and leads to increased retention and overall giving. You will ensure the design and maintenance of appropriate business processes and systems including but not limited to marketing, communications, agency publications, volunteer and donor database management, donor research and cultivation, gift processing, and donor and volunteer recognition. Maintaining accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources is crucial to the VP of Development's success. Your External Relations team consists of 4 direct reports including the Community Engagement Director, Marketing & Communications Director, Development Director, and Maud’s Café General Manager.
Volunteers of America, Utah Company Values
- Integrity – Uncompromising adherence to honesty and strong moral principles; act with truth and accuracy
- Reliability – Consistently dependable in character, judgement, performance or result
- Professional Excellence – Implementing best practices with outstanding quality in all aspects of business operations for all customers
- Compassion – The response to the suffering of others motivates a desire to help and alleviate the suffering
- Faith – Belief that when serving the most vulnerable, an authentic spiritual transformation happens – for both the giver and receiver
- Collaborate with Board members, CEO and senior management team members on identifying fundraising, marketing & communications and volunteer engagement strategies and goals.
- Provide leadership for research-based development operations and implementation of overall fund raising, volunteer & community engagement, marketing & communication strategies to expand and diversify the financial and volunteer resource base. Related activities include capital campaigns, direct mail, major gifts, special event management, event sponsorships, online giving, corporate and foundation grants, employee and individual giving, planned giving, and community-sponsored fundraising events.
- Provide strategic direction and management support to the creation and execution of an effective organizational marketing and communications plan to advance fund development priorities, client awareness, community/volunteer engagement, VOA Utah's employer and talent branding, and other organizational goals and objectives. Oversee social media, website designs, brand standards, and all publications including the Annual Report. Act as agency spokesperson as necessary.
- Provide senior leadership to recruit, train, place and recognize volunteers at all program locations and events, ensuring an authentic volunteer experience and accurate data tracking.
- Actively cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of high-capacity, transformational donors with major gift focus from corporate, foundation, and individual sources; collaborate with the CEO & Board to identify, cultivate, and steward donor and volunteer relationships.
- Oversee donor database management (Raiser’s Edge), including accurate and timely acknowledgement of fiscal and in-kind gifts; provide support for donor relations ensuring a solid donor stewardship program.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of the fund development, marketing & communications and volunteer engagement program. Prepare reports for the Board of Directors & CEO on progress toward annual External Relations goals.
- Maintain accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising; while keeping abreast of developments and trends in philanthropy.
- Oversee Maud’s Café operations and employment case management.
- Work closely with the Finance Department to reconcile contributions on a monthly basis ensuring accuracy between Accounting Database and Raisers Edge Donor Database.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree and CFRE preferred.
- 5+ (Five+) years of professional fundraising experience including a successful track record of leading development operations, cultivating and stewarding donors, grant writing, securing major gifts, event planning, volunteer management and a comprehensive marketing & communications program.
- Polished presentation and exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation to interact with staff, donors, board members, community partners, press members, and the general public.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ (Five+) years of experience staff supervision. Experience with first-level supervisors, managers, and directors preferred or a combination of experience that demonstrates effective task delegation, constructive coaching to drive success, and leadership ability.
- Computer literate with a proficiency of Microsoft Office and knowledge of Raisers Edge donor database preferred.
- Collaborative and team oriented; ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment; values diversity of thoughts, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Experience working with multiple funding partners including foundation, corporate, government and individual donors.
- Strong commitment to human services and Volunteers of America, Utah’s mission.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule (early mornings, evenings, weekends and occasional holidays) as needed.
- Walk up and down stairs, lift 25 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Employee referral program with paid time off and cash bonuses
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.