Accountant - Paid
|Title:||Accountant - Paid |
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Use your accounting skills to support the mission of Volunteers of America, Utah, a non-profit agency. Experience a sense of fulfillment in addition to receiving a pay check. We provide a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. We have a $20 million budget, with over 100 funding sources, 14 programs, and 300 employees.
- Accurately perform a variety of accounting functions including: general ledger; grant billing, reporting, and management; account reconciliations; accounts payable; journal entries; banking.
- Assist with month-end closing, grant management, annual financial audits, and annual budget process.
- Support Director of Accounting with accounting and finance activities and projects, including agency external audit, grant management, and financial reporting.
- BS in accounting, finance, or business preferred and at least 2 years of accounting experience.
- Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) experience preferred.
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- An understanding of GAAP.
- Strong analytical, Excel, and computer skills.
- Work well under a full work load in a multi-task oriented environment.
- Accurate, organized, positive, with a sense of humor.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
$19 per hour
We offer low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account; $50,000 life insurance (company paid), paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; retirement plan with an employer match.
Submit resume on the career page of our web site www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veteran / Disabled
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications