|Title:||Youth Therapist - Youth Empowered Solutions to Succeed - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Youth Therapist - Youth Empowered Solutions to SucceedPay: $50,000 - $57,500 depending on experience and licensure status - benefits eligible
Schedule: Full Time
Salt Lake City, Utah
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
This position works within the Youth Empowered Solutions to Succeed (YESS) Team at the Youth Resource Center, a refuge for youth that have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults. The YESS Team Therapist will provide direct and indirect outpatient therapy services to youth ages 16-25 experiencing homelessness and serious mental health conditions. This position will also assist with clinical program development and community networking as needed.
- Provide clinical services to clients experiencing homelessness and serious mental illness, often in non-office settings.
- Complete mental health assessments with clients and develop treatment goals collaboratively with clients.
- Participate in regularly scheduled clinical case reviews in order to ensure appropriate case planning and referral of clients to the most appropriate service provider.
- Develop and/or maintain client case files, as directed.
- Document all provided services per Utah Medicaid Guidelines and program requirements.
- Collect and enter grant-required data collection for enrolled clients.
- Administer and utilize clinical assessment tools.
- Participate in interagency case consultation as necessary, while adhering to agency’s confidentiality policy.
- Periodically provide safe transportation for clients who have accepted referrals or have appointments related to mental health care or treatment goals.
- Discuss particularly difficult cases at clinical case review in order to gain support for intervention strategies.
- Evaluate effective clinical interventions based on developmental stage appropriate assessments.
- Attend work on a punctual, regular, and predictable basis.
A Master’s degree in a social work or related field, with full licensure, or certified to work towards licensure
- Works effectively and ethically with a diverse group of people.
- Maintains appropriate, professional boundaries with clients and coworkers.
- Exhibits clear communication skills and cooperates with others.
- Takes action and makes decisions within the scope of position responsibilities.
- Considers alternatives and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Proactively expands and integrates knowledge of community resources.
- Protects the safety of all information handled.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.