|Title:||Janitorial Assistant - Women's Homeless Resource Ctr|
|Department:||Women's Resource Center|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
The Women’s Homeless Resource Center will provide emergency shelter and case management services to single women experiencing homelessness in Salt Lake County. The center will recognize and meet the distinctive needs of those at risk and homeless populations including: single women; domestic violence victims; individuals with behavioral health disorders; individuals who are medically frail/terminally ill [and/or] those exiting prison or jail. All activities will be undertaken with the ultimate goal of assisting all clients in obtaining housing.
The janitorial assistant will perform light building and grounds maintenance and custodial (supplement the night contract custodians) at the Women’s Resource Center. Work with the Facility Coordinator to identify and complete maintenance projects. Communicate and build a good working relationship with vendors to meet the varying needs of the resource center.
- General cleaning of the building including restrooms and common areas and keeping it maintained in good condition in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs that are needed.
- With the Facility Coordinator, help maintain facility to be safe and secure for clients and staff.
- Perform repairs on broken equipment within scope of abilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 2 years of maintenance and cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to flexibly be on-call for facility emergencies and events
- Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs. periodically
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to work on ladders and in confined areas safely.
- Must be able to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately and safely.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook (e-mail and calendars)
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
$14 per hour, 20 hours per week, day shifts
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled