|Title:||Employment Specialist - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Employment SpecialistSchedule: Full Time, benefits eligible!
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $19,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Our Vocational & Employment Specialty Team (VEST) is dedicated to assisting clients with mental illnesses in obtaining and maintaining competitive employment that is consistent with their vocational goals. Implement the Supported Employment Model. This position is based at Cornerstone Counseling Center.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
- Carry out all phases of employment service including assessments, setting employment goals with clients and their therapist, vocational counseling, job placements, job coaching, and continuous follow up support for clients.
- Establish face-to-face strategic relationships with local employers, and educate them on the supported employment program.
- Document employment services and demonstrate integration with mental health services; including attending staff meetings with mental health professionals and medical professionals.
- Identify barriers that hinder employability; assist clients in resolving and mitigating barriers to employment by identifying the need for other services or benefits; counsel clients regarding recommended solutions and suggested supportive services.
- Contact public and private employers in order to develop on the job training and/or direct job placement sites for clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are seeking someone who has a combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- High school diploma or GED; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Experience working with adults with severe mental illness, individuals struggling with substance abuse, criminal records, disabilities and other barriers to employment.
- Experience with case management, employment services and/or job placement, job training.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and counseling skills.
- Ability to engage outside of the office to create and maintain relationships with community employers.
- Ability to motivate clients and advocate for them with team members and employers.
- Outgoing, optimistic, and energetic personality as well as high empathy and compassion.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Computer skills including Microsoft office.
- Access to reliable transportation and the ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.