Facilities Coordinator - Youth Center - Paid
|Title:||Facilities Coordinator - Youth Center - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Facilities CoordinatorPay: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday, days
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. Our Youth Resource Center is a refuge for youth ages 15-22 who have experienced extreme disconnect from positive adult role models and benefit greatly from the consistent support of healthy adults.
Ensure the safety, cleanliness, and functionality of the Youth Resource Center. This is challenging but rewarding work at an agency where we are committed to making a difference serving Utah's most vulnerable population. Oversee facilities & maintenance, along with assisting with fleet management for the Youth Resource Center vehicles. Ensure the safety, cleanliness (inside the building and the grounds) and functionality of the facility and all vehicles.
- Oversee facility maintenance and cleanliness needs. This includes twice a day (once in the early morning hours and again in the mid to late afternoon) picking up any trash on the property grounds and entryway.
- Work with current contracted janitorial services.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance, ensure cleanliness and operability. Check for current registration decals and up-to-date insurance cards.
- Order facility supplies and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Perform minor maintenance repairs and assist with janitorial duties as needed in between scheduled cleaning by contractors
- Provide timely communication to leadership on operations and facility issues. Assess and recommend priorities for improving facilities operations and execute in a manner that ensures continuity of service.
- Have a knowledge of the Safety and Security Plans at the Youth Resource Center, including fire and other required drills and inspection.
- Schedule and conduct routine fire drills and inspections.
- Assess medical emergencies, provide CPR and First Aid, and coordinate medical services as needed.
- Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crisis by adhering to the De-escalation Training.
- Maintain positive, professional interactions with community resources.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- High School diploma or GED and one year of work experience in a related field or a combination of education, experience, and training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Considers alternative and consequences before making independent decisions.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Flexibility to respond to changes.
- Organize, prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Full-time benefits include low cost medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; retirement plan with employer match.
Submit resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications