|Title:||Q/I Recovery Assistant|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Q/I Recovery Assistant
Pay: $14.00 per hour, plus $6.00 per hour hazard pay for a total of $20/hr
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities.
The mission of this position is to provide trauma informed social model detoxification and withdrawal management services to clients who need to be in a Quarantine & Isolation (Q/I) facility. The Q/I facility provides a supportive and healthy environment for COVID-19 infected clients who may not have other places to effectively quarantine/isolate. Ensures clients who may be experiencing difficult situations, such as homelessness, addiction, mental health conditions, receive personalized care while residing at the Q&I facility. Assists in transporting clients to and from Q/I facilities.
You will be provided specialized Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training on how to use that PPE prior to beginning work with any clients.
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal from substance use.
- Provide orientation to new clients of acute detoxification/ withdrawal management procedures and Q/I
- Conduct hourly rounds for clients that are new and detoxing and communicate any concerns to the program manager and/or on-call manager.
- Complete paperwork and record keeping in a accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications for withdrawal management.
- Take and document vital signs.
- Provides personal items needed by clients (contact solution, food, etc).
- Inventories and disseminates items related to personal needs, food and cleaning supplies to clients.
- Disinfects client rooms after clients' discharge, as needed, while using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensures clients are following quarantine and isolation guidelines and practicing social distancing.
- Assists with clients' readiness to discharge and ensures that transitions happen smoothly.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree (social services, psychology, criminal justice) and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Must complete the Salt Lake County COVID-19 Symptoms Form and be symptom free.
- Must be able to properly don and doff Personal Protective Equipment as demonstrated during training.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing work duties.
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.