Accountant - Paid
Salt Lake City, Utah
Accountant - Paid
Schedule: Full Time, M-F days
Benefits: medical, dental, and life insurance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick days; retirement plan with employer match.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance. We are a non-profit agency that provides substance abuse services, behavioral health counseling, and homeless services.
Use your accounting and management skills to contribute to the success of our non-profit agency. We have a multi-million dollar budget, with several government and private grant sources to fund our 14+ programs and 300+ employees. Our clients are at the heart of everything that we do. It is very rewarding to know that what you do at work makes a difference in the lives of others.
- Regular entry of Accounts Payable, American Express receipt/report entry into our Accounting system
- Management of Concur/American Express process
- Gift card tracking and disbursement
- Weekly check runs
- Monthly bank entries
- Bank reconciliations
- Company asset management
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with month-end closing, accounts payable and accounts receivable, annual financial audits.
- Support Director of Accounting with accounting and finance activities and projects, including agency external audit and financial reporting.
- AS in accounting, finance, or business preferred and 3-4 years of accounting experience.
- Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) and Accounts Payable a major plus.
- Non-profit accounting experience preferred.
- Asset Management experience a plus
- An working understanding of GAAP.
- Team player with effective communication skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical, Excel, and computer skills a must.
- Work well under a full work load in a multi-task oriented environment.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Accurate, organized, positive, with a sense of humor.
Pay dependent on experience.
We offer low cost medical, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account; $50,000 life insurance (company paid), paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave; retirement plan with an employer match.
Submit resume on the career page of our web site www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.