Intensive Case Manager
|Title:||Intensive Case Manager|
|Department:||Intensive Case Management|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Intensive Case ManagerSchedule: Full time
Pay: $19.50 / hr
Benefits - Approximate full-time benefits package value = $21,000+:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (50% match up to 3%).
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees.
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Intensive Case Manager will provide individualized intensive case management to agency clients with serious mental illness and/or substance use disorders with the goals of 1) assisting clients to achieve or maintain stability and independence, 2) providing assistance accessing resources to help clients meet their physical and mental health needs, 3) coordinating services with other agency partners 4) providing housing support to clients experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Our team practices a continuum of care model which allows us to provide support for clients whether they are in shelter, obtain housing, etc. This position will operate out of Cornerstone Counseling Center and within the community. Many of the clients come from the Geraldine E. King Women's Resource Center. This mobile clinical treatment team consists of a psychiatrist, therapists, and case managers who work closely to coordinate care. Company vehicles are utilized for all transportation.
- Provide targeted case management activities including:
- Assessing the client to determine service needs, including activities that focus on needs identification, to determine the need for any medical, educational, social, or other services in conjunction with the treatment plan developed by a mental health therapist or prescriber.
- Developing a written, individualized, and coordinated case management service plan based on the information collected through an assessment that specifies the goals and actions with input from and in conjunction with the client’s mental health therapist or prescriber.
- Monitoring and follow-up activities, including activities and contacts that are necessary to ensure the targeted case management service plan is effectively implemented and adequately addressing the needs of the client including monitoring the client’s progress and continued need for targeted case management and other services.
- Referral and related activities to help the client obtain needed services, including activities that help link the client with medical (including mental health and substance use disorder), social, educational providers or other programs and services that are capable of providing needed services, such as making referrals to providers of needed services and scheduling appointments for the client.
- Assisting the client to establish and maintain eligibility for entitlements other than Medicaid
- Assist clients in applying for housing assistance as well as locating and maintaining housing.
- Provide treatment updates and attend meetings, such as court or treatment staffings, with community partners with whom individuals have active involvement.
- Provide personal services to individuals with serious mental illness such as picking up prescriptions, income management, maintaining the living environment, and the transportation related to the performance of these activities.
- Meet documentation requirements.
The individual must be able to meet the requirements needed for case management certificate in the State of Utah found on the following website: https://dsamh.utah.gov/education/certification/case-management
- Knowledge/experience working with at-risk populations is preferred.
- Knowledge/experience collaborating with community resources.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and engage them in case management.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with partner agencies and Optum healthcare.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor amidst potentially high distress population.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.