Therapist (CSW/ACMHC) - Adult Treatment - Paid
|Title:||Therapist (CSW/ACMHC) - Adult Treatment - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Therapist (CSW/ACMHC)Pay: $43,680/year, $46,300/year if fully licensed.
Schedule: Typically Monday through Friday, days, with 1 to 2 evenings required per week (approx to 7:45pm).
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. Volunteers of America, Utah's Cornerstone Counseling Center helps clients by reducing barriers to needed care and facilitating connections to community resources for vulnerable individuals. In addition to outpatient behavioral health services, we offer integrated primary care services through a unique partnership with Midtown Community Health Center.
Our Adult Treatment Services Program uses a trauma informed approach to address mental health needs, substance use, and overall well-being. Each client is offered services specific to their needs, including individual counseling, group counseling, case management, integrated health care, and medication management. Our Clinical Therapist will provide direct and indirect outpatient therapy services to agency clients and assist with clinical program development and community networking as needed. Additionally, therapists will have the opportunity to work in three outpatient levels of care: day treatment, intensive outpatient, and standard outpatient. Cornerstone team members are passionate about helping those who struggle with mental health and substance use disorders and enjoy the highly supportive, collaborative work environment that we have cultivated.
- Perform intake evaluations/assessments, formulate client diagnoses, and provide individual, couple, family, and group therapy services.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide case management services to clients in order to plan, coordinate, cooperate or deliver ancillary services necessary for the effective treatment of clients.
- Develop and maintain satisfactory work habits with respect to timeliness, judgment, cooperation, communication, responsibility and computer literacy.
- Develop and maintain effective therapeutic alliance with clients, including conceptualizing and fostering effective therapeutic process.
- Maintain clinical records, record service, and develop and update treatment plans as indicated by agency policies and procedures, submit and track authorizations/re-authorizations for funding.
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline and Utah licensure as a mental health therapist (or eligibility for Utah licensure within 2 years of date of hire).
- Possess an active/current licensure status and remain in good standing with the Department of Professional Licensing.
- Open and willing to learn; teachable.
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Work is performed in an office environment; must sit for extended periods of time.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.