|Title:||Mental Health Care Coordinator - Paid|
|Department:||Assertive Community Treatment|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Mental Health Care Coordinator - Denver Street - Part Time
Schedule: Part Time. Saturday-Sunday, 8am-4pm (Day Shift).
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Part Time Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off
Volunteers of America, Utah provides community-supported paths for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The Denver Apartments offer permanent supportive housing for individuals who have mental health issues and are clients of Volunteers of America, Utah's Assertive Community Treatment team. There are staff members on-site 24-7 and mental health services are provided by professionals of the Assertive Community Treatment team. This position helps maintain the safety of our 22 apartment complex and provides on-site supervision, individual assistance, and support to residents living with serious mental illness.
- With assigned resident contacts, complete weekly meeting and file updates. Making sure to document and share pertinent information regarding progress. Engaging residents utilizing trauma informed and motivational interviewing practices.
- In coordination with the Assertive Community Treatment Team, provide assistance to residents including but not limited to: assisting residents in accessing services offered at the Denver Apartments; case management, information, and referral services; educating residents regarding available services and benefits; and assisting residents in maintaining their living environments.
- Document all case management services provided to residents while maintaining confidentiality.
- Control the outside doors of the building and grant entry to residents and visitors to the property.
- Complete hourly rounds of the building and property to identify any issues or safety concerns and have a physical presence in all areas of the program.
- Model cultural standard in the program of cleaning up after one’s self and leaving all areas and items in an equal or better condition.
- Complete shift log meeting form for every shift worked.
- Organize, prioritize and independently complete multiple tasks.
- Complete incident reports, contact on call staff and police, when necessary, regarding unsafe or illegal activity.
- Maintain confidentiality of residents in all interactions and keep staff areas locked when not using.
- Diploma or GED and/or a minimum of 2 years of experience working in human services or a related field.
- Meet the requirements needed for case management certification in the State of Utah, refer to: https://dsamh.utah.gov/education/certification/case-management
- Ability to utilize all the tools provided that will assist in your work (i.e. phone, computer, fax, etc.)
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, residents, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with residents, volunteers and co-workers.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to walk through the entire building and outside property, including stairs.
- Ability to stay awake for assigned shifts.
- Pass pre-employment drug test and Utah DHS - Office of Licensing background screening for those working with vulnerable populations.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers.
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.