|Title:||VOA Center for Women and Children - Staff Manager - Paid|
Rewarding work at a non-profit agency where we are committed to making a difference in the lives of clients. The 32-bed Center for Women & Children (CWC) provides services to homeless and low income women detoxing from various substances. Children under 10 years of age may stay with their mothers. This is a 24-7 facility. Work a variety of days and shifts. Under the supervision of the CWC Program Director, the Staff Manager will:
- assist in creating and maintaining a positive work environment
- hire, train, develop and supervise 15 - 20 front line staff
- evaluate and provide feedback to staff regarding performance
- coordinate the front line staff schedule and find coverage for shifts when necessary
- provide training on trauma informed practices and procedures
- manage difficult client behaviors and ensure safe environment for staff and clients
- train staff to document client activities and ensure all paperwork is completed and stored appropriately.
- arrange and run monthly staff meetings/training to increase skills
- maintain positive relationships with community entities, client family members, agency donors and emergency response services
- ensure staff participate in necessary organization and cleaning of the facility, furnishings, storage, and vehicles
- participate in management on-call rotation
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A degree in the field of social services and three years of experience in the social services / treatment services or an equivalent combination of education (Diploma or GED minimum) and experience. One year of supervisory experience desired or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of the needs of the homeless and low income population and experience in substance abuse treatment with this population
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care preferred
- Familiarity with community addiction recovery resources/systems
- Energetic, compassionate yet assertive, positive, organized
- Work a variety of days and shifts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to walk up and down stairs; lift up to 20 lbs.
- Able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Must have a clean driving record (no DUI in the past 5 years, no more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years).
$18 - $19 per hour
Submit resume on the career page of our web site: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Veterans / Disabled