Advanced Practice RN - APRN - Paid
Assertive Community Treatment
Salt Lake City, Utah
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - Assertive Community TreatmentPay: $125,000 - benefits eligible
Schedule: Full Time
Benefits: Approximate benefits package value: $38,500+
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision coverage. Health savings account. 403b retirement plan with employer match (VOA Utah matches 50 cents on the dollar up to 6% of your salary).
- Employee AssistanceProgram for all employees.
- 33 paid days off: 11 observed paid holidays, 12 sick days, and 10 vacation days to start. Vacation increases to 12 days after 1 year, 15 days after 2 years, and more at 5 and 9 years of service.
- Sick and vacation time accrue hourly per pay period.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance; additional coverage available.
- $1,200 annual employer contribution to your Health Savings Account (paid quarterly).
- Employee Referral Program including cash bonuses and paid time off.
Volunteers of America, Utah builds a community-supported bridge that provides a path for those who are vulnerable to improve their lives and increase their self-reliance.
The APRN conducts psychiatric assessments; assesses physical health needs and makes appropriate referrals to community physicians; provides management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist; and provides a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services.
- Collaborate with the team leader and psychiatrist in sharing overall clinical responsibility for monitoring consumer treatment and take a lead role in coordinating and providing the team’s medication administration services
- Conduct psychiatric assessments including psychiatric history (e.g., onset, course and effect of illness, past treatment and responses, and risk behaviors), mental status, and diagnoses; use of drugs or alcohol; education and employment; social development and functioning; activities of daily living; family structure and relationships; and physical health, making appropriate referrals to community physicians as necessary
- Prescribe psychotropic medications; conduct regular assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects; and educate clients and non-medical staff on medications and their side effects
- Be actively involved in both acute and long-term psychiatric inpatient treatment of clients
- Provide on-call crisis intervention
- Participate in daily staff organizational meetings and treatment planning review meetings
- Complete documentation and meet minimum service time based on ACT requirements
- Attends work on a regular and predictable basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- APRN license with experience working in inpatient psychiatric settings.
- Experience working with individuals diagnosed with a serious mental illness and/or substance use disorder preferred
- Demonstrates an ability to use sound judgment within the scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and adapt to change.
- Organized, detail oriented, self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in crisis intervention.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel spread sheets
- Work is performed inside and outside of an office environment; must have ability to climb stairs, enter client homes, as well as deliver services in shelter, on the street, etc.
Some on-call time.
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: