Detox Recovery Assistant - Swings - Paid
|Title:||Detox Recovery Assistant - Swings - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. We are currently looking for full-time staff to work swing shift at our 24/7 Men's Adult Detoxification Center. You will get great experience and training to further a career in social work. Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center is a social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery. We are looking for people who understand and can maintain professional and ethical boundaries with clients while practicing compassion. You will:
- Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal from substance use.
- Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation.
- Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
- Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
- Complete record keeping and answer phones.
- Work with coworkers as a supportive team.
- Monitor and document client prescription medications.
- Take vital signs.
- Ability to be firm yet compassionate.
- Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse strongly preferred.
- High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree (social services, psychology) and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
This position is full time, swing shift: $13.50 per hour, $14.00 per hour at 3 months with the completion of training.
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Volunteers of America, Utah is committed to creating a diverse environment, where all people feel valued, have the opportunity to do their personal best and where leadership development is fostered. The organization is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, ethnicity, skin color, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, mental and developmental abilities, physical ability or religious belief. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.