|Title:||Food Services Coordinator - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Contributes to the work of VOA Detox by providing nutritious client meals while complying with health and safety regulations, community and program contracts, and program guidelines.
- Prepare and serve meals according to posted menus at scheduled times each day according to menu plans developed in consultation with licensed dietitian.
- Maintains/organizes kitchen, food storage locations, and all equipment to ensure all is in proper working order and to meet all Health Department standards.
- Order inventory and create an inventory system for food and kitchen supplies, ensuring sufficient stock levels while staying within budget.
- Conduct training and administers Food Service test to all kitchen volunteers to teach safe food handling practices and document participation in the client record.
- Trains all kitchen volunteers in duties related to the kitchen and to meet all cleanliness standards when performing food related tasks; ex: appropriate clothing and footwear, hairnets, gloves or aprons.
- Coordinates any kitchen maintenance needs through simple upkeep procedures and/or contacting the Facility Coordinator and/or Program Director for maintenance needs.
- Oversee food storage and food handling practices to maintain the kitchen and food service areas according to safe food handling regulations.
- Coordinate, sort and pick up all food orders, deliveries and donations (i.e. Bishops Store House order, Sysco, Food bank, and Grocery Rescue etc.)
Must possess a high school diploma or GED and Safe Serve Certification. Must have three (3) years of experience in food service for large groups, or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities, including but not limited to:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to use a computer, phone, and copy machine.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers and co-workers.
- Remains calm and responds appropriately in crises.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks; flexibility to respond to changes.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs
- Regularly lift up to 50lbs
Full-Time Position $17.00/hour
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Submit your resume and cover letter on our website: www.voaut.org/careers
EOE / Disabled / Veterans