|Title:||Case Manager Liaison - PICC Line - Paid|
|Location:||Salt Lake City, Utah|
Volunteers of America, Utah provides a bridge to self-reliance and health for vulnerable individuals and populations who struggle with homelessness, addiction and mental illness in our Wasatch Front communities. This is a paid position at Volunteers of America, Utah's Men's Adult Detoxification Center: a social model detox program that focuses on creating a safe and trauma informed environment where clients can manage their intoxication and withdrawal symptoms to prepare them for long term recovery.
This Case Manager Liaison works within the PICC Line Program, a partnership with Intermountain Healthcare to transition clients from the hospital to one of our social model detox facilities so that they can complete their IV antibiotics and get connected to needed resources and case management services. provides consistent individualized case management services to clients while working within the mission of VOA and utilizing Trauma Informed practices.
- Provide case management services to clients in the PICC Line program and additional clients as assigned.
- Attend weekly client staffing meetings with Intermountain Healthcare and meet with clients in the hospital prior to admission to build rapport and prepare for transition to VOA.
- Create and maintain positive working relations with Intermountain Healthcare, Home Health, Project Reality and other service providers. Work in collaboration with these community partners and others to meet the needs of the clients and coordinate appropriate care.
- Complete case management assessment with each client within 3 to 5 business days of their admission.
- Work with clients to establish a care and coordination plan while in the program and a discharge plan that could include referral to appropriate treatment facilities, employment services, housing opportunities and/or other community resources.
- Case manage additional detox clients as assigned.
- Transport clients to and from hospital and other appointments as needed.
- Provide weekly Seeking Safety and/or psycho educational groups for clients.
- Participate in clinical staffing weekly.
- Document all case management services provided to clients in a timely manner.
- Participate in Management On-Call Schedule.
- A degree in the field of social services and/or at least two years’ experience in working in the human services/ substance abuse treatment services field or any combination of education and experience.
- Applicant must be able to qualify and complete Adult Case Management Certification with the Department of Human Services within 30 days of hire.
- Familiarity with Trauma Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing and Housing First philosophies and willingness to incorporate them in your daily work.
- Maintain appropriate, professional boundaries with clients, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Ability to utilize all the tools provided that would assist in your work (i.e. phone, computer, fax, etc.)
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse workforce, clients, and the public.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; attention to detail.
- Understand and adhere to Federal Confidentiality and HIPAA laws.
- Must be at least 21 years of age, possess a current driver’s license, have a good driving record and be insurable on the agency liability policy.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
$18 per hour
Full-time benefits include:
Low cost medical coverage (SelectHealth), with a Health Savings Account ($300 quarterly employer contribution)
Low cost dental and vision coverage
$50,000 life insurance coverage
Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
Retirement plan with employer match
Apply on the career page of our website: www.voaut.org/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disabled / Veterans